Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Po Girls and Posters



This is my friend Chris Williams, (aka Cristina DeSoto) originally from the Cajun country of New Iberia, La. Chris is an amazing artist, psychically in tune and much like New Orleans, very unique. We go back to our days in Portsmouth, NH in the 80's, which now seems like another century. I wonder why? Though we don't see each other often, I've always felt a connection to Chris. She's been on the Jazzfest staff for more than 20 years and could write a book.

I had never heard of Jazzfest until I met Chris. Okay, I was clueless. Though she always encouraged me to go, for reasons that I'm only now beginning to understand, I never made it there until this year. All in all, I couldn't have picked a better year to lose my Jazzfest virgin status. Speaking of which, if like me, you didn't order your Jazzfest 2006 poster featuring Fats when they first went online, you missed out. It's a terrific work of art and history and I had no idea they were limited edition. I'm still clueless.



I guess that explains that long-ass line at the Fest and all those tubes. Can anyone hook me up? :-) DISCLAIMER: I will never sell it on E-Bay for profit even if I have to van it next year, and I'll treasure it forever because this fest meant so much to me personally.

Miss Chris (my new nickname for her) loves her city and has lived there on and off for years. "It's intoxicating, it's third-world, there's no other place like it. The Crescent City will keep calling you back." Chris said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home