Monday, May 01, 2006

Bloggus Interuptus


You know it's been a while since you posted when you have to recover your user name and password. I thought I'd spend more time experiencing life than being glued to a computer the first weekend of Jazzfest, as it's been rich as always in the
Big Difficult.

I believe the secret to a successful blog is being succinct. I'm going to try and limit my comments to what was going on in the pictures and not ramble for my own self-edification and immediate gratification of self-publishing on the web. In SAT question fashion, I also believe blogs are for serious writers what point and shoot cameras are to photographers. But now I'm rambling and self-indulgent.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from Jazzfest, I'll be doing a multimedia piece at work when I return. It was the gal on the left's birthday on the second day of the Fest. You can tell it's a local's birthday by the money pinned to their shirt by family and friends. I'll have to figure out how this unique custom began. Anyone know?



Dwayne Dopsie, son of legendary "Rockin' Dopsie, (right) with John Robinson on washboard. Hot cajun accordian player from Lafayette, LA.



Here we have killer vocalist and raunch queen Etta James minus about 200 pounds due to a recent gastric bypass. Etta, there are kids in the audience, easy on submissive guitar boy! Good thing the tykes got some sex education before the current fascists outlaw it. Where will that start? Probably Idaho. Another blog danger is getting too political. It's already so bad that we can hardly stand any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home